You know that life insurance is an important part of your financial plan, especially if you want to make sure your family has the money it needs if you pass on.
However, the reality is that there are times that insurance agents try to sell you on something that isn’t right for your situation. Whole life seems to be the product pushed, and many agents try to tell you it’s an investment. I know that one of the reasons I bought a universal life policy back in the day was due to the fact that the insurance agent sold it as an investment. If I knew then what I know now, I would have just got a bigger, more affordable term life policy.
We all have different needs, and sometimes whole life is the right move. There are plenty of insurance products out there, and some of them might have what you need to reach your goals. But let’s be real: Whole life is rarely a good investment. It’s designed for something else entirely.
Don’t just get whole life because you’re told it’s the “best” product out there, or you’re given pormises of an “investment” that will benefit you in retirement. Instead, join the #WholeLifeRebellion and educate yourself about what insurance products are really right for you. (Hint: for low and middle income earners, there are probably other solutions.)
A good place to start is with the other financial writers, bloggers, and experts who are on board with this movement, and ready to help you figure out what’s right for you. Visit their stories on whole life, life insurance, and what they have learned about better money management:
1. Pros and Cons of Whole Life Insurance – LifeInsuranceShoppingReviews.
2. Is Whole Life Too Expensive? – InsuranceQuotes2Day.com
3. Why Whole Life Insurance is a Bad Investment – MomandDadMoney.com
5. Don’t Buy Whole Life Insurance. Just Don’t – IpickUpPennies.net
6. The Case Against Whole Life Policies – InsuranceThoughtLeadership.com
7. Term vs. Whole Life Insurance – Buyer Beware! – TermLifeInsuranceMales.com
8. The Truth about Whole Life vs. Term Insurance – LifeShop.ca
9. Your Complete Guide to Insurance – MoneySmartGuides.com
10. Whole Life Insurance – HealthPlansNY.com
11. The Truth about Whole Life Insurance – ArchstoneInsurance.com
12. Is Whole Life Insurance a Good Way to Save Money In a Tax Deferred Account? – FiduciaryLife.com
13. Why Term Life Insurance is Better than Whole Life Insurance – TheCollegeInvestor.com
14. Term vs. Whole Life Insurance Calculator – InsuranceBlogbyChris.com
15. How Does the Life Insurance Industry Still Get Away with This? – InvestingTruths.com
16. How a Whole Life Insurance Salesman Confused Me Into Not Buying – Add-Vodka.com
17. Whole Life or Term Insurance? – LowTermInsurance.com
18. What Kind of Life Insurance Do I Need? – CfinancialFreedom.com
19. Life Insurance for Parents: An Insider’s Guide to Saving Money – WeissIns.com
20. The Swiss Army Knife of the Financial World – Marindependent.com
21. The Whole Life Insurance Rebellion – TheLifeInsuranceLawyer.com
22. The Truth About Whole Life Insurance – PTMoney.com
23. Is Whole Life for You? – AccuraQuoteInsurance.com
24. Top 3 Reasons that I Love Term Life Insurance and You Should Too – MoneyQanda.com
25. The right kind of life insurance for a stay at home mom – Unplanned Finance
26. Our Life Insurance Plan – Married With Debt